On Friday evening, I went for my weekly cinematic French listening comprehension test, this time to see "Coco Avant Chanel" ("Coco Before Chanel"), the new biopic starring Audrey Tautou of "Amelie" fame. I think I did catch more of the dialogue in this one than in "La Fille du RER," although that is quite likely attributable to the differences between the movies rather than to any great leap forward in my listening comprehension skills in the space of one week. Since I didn't have any particular interest in Coco Chanel before seeing the movie, my expectations were modest, but it was actually quite good; I recommend it.
I wish I had a better picture of the movie theater to post, since it was interesting in its own right: La Pagode, as my handy book Vivre mieux pour moins cher notes, was "built in 1895 for his wife by a man in love," and the Japanese pagoda-style building is now classified as a historic monument. Unfortunately, at this particular point in time, most of the roof is covered in tarps (must be undergoing repairs), and much of the building is hidden behind the tall wall that encloses its small courtyard, preventing any very good photo opportunities.
No comments:
Post a Comment